Oracle Linux 7: What's New for Administrators explains the expanded possibilities Oracle Linux 7 brings system administration through new and modified tools, task flows, and options in installation, networking, management, storage and more.
This course addresses system administration topics that are different in Oracle Linux 7 than they are in previous versions of Oracle Linux. You learn to understand how the boot process differs in Oracle Linux 7 with the GRUB 2 bootloader and the systemd system and service manager. You learn the new tools used to configure networking, storage, and security in Oracle Linux 7.
- Perform common system administration tasks in Oracle Linux 7.
- Configure the boot process, system logging, storage, and security.
- Use advanced package management features.
- Configure network bonding, VLANs, and VPNs.
- Implement Docker containers.
- Allocate system resources to specific Linux processes.
Benefits To You
Once you complete this 3-day course, you'll be able to install Oracle Linux 7, configure services to start at boot time and use new storage administration tools, including the System Storage Manager and Snapper. You'll develop the knowledge and skills to configure networking using the nmcli and ip command-line utilities, configure system logging using the new journald service, and configure firewalls using the new firewalld service.
Who should attend
- Technical Consultant
- Database Administrators
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Installing Oracle Linux 5 or 6
- Configuring and managing services in Oracle Linux 5 or 6
- Configuring networking in Oracle Linux 5 or 6
- Configuring storage in Oracle Linux 5 or 6
- Install and configure Oracle Linux 7
- Configure the Oracle Linux 7 boot process
- Manage services in Oracle Linux 7
- Configure networking in Oracle Linux 7
- Install and update software packages in Oracle Linux 7
- Configure storage in Oracle Linux 7
- Perform security administration in Oracle Linux 7
- Configure system logging in Oracle Linux 7
- Configure OpenLDAP in Oracle Linux 7
- Manage resources with control groups in Oracle Linux 7
- Use Docker containers in Oracle Linux 7