This Oracle Linux System Administration training helps you develop a range of skills, including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and configuring Linux services. Prepare the system for the Oracle Database, monitor, troubleshoot and more.
- Enable kernel features.
- Set up users and groups.
- Configure system logging, the boot process, the network and storage.
- Install additional software packages.
- Keep the kernel up to date using Ksplice.
- Configure services such as NFS, FTP, OpenSSH, PAM.
Benefits to You
You'll walk away from this course with the ability to handle typical issues administrators face, including authentication, securing and monitoring. You'll develop a deeper understanding of the kernel development model, as well as Linux distributions. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you become familiar with the latest Linux innovations, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems. Implementing Ksplice also provides you zero down time kernel updates.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Must complete the Unix Basics pre-requisite course or equivalent knowledge
- Unix shell command line features
- Types of user accounts
- Working with files and directories in Unix
- UNIX and Linux Essentials
- Basic shell scripting
- Text editing using vi
- Unix process control
- Archiving and compressing files in Unix
- Install Oracle Linux
- Load kernel modules and configure kernel module parameters
- Perform User and Group administration
- Create file systems
- Use Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Configure RAID devices
- Configure File Sharing services (NFS, FTP, OpenSSH)
- Prepare Oracle Linux system for Oracle database
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective action
- Install software packages from Unbreakable Linux Network and other repositories
- Use Ksplice to update the kernel on a running system
- Configure system logging
- Perform Security Administration (iptables, chroot, TCP wrappers)
- Load and configure the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Maintain swap space