This Oracle Database 12c: Analytic SQL for Data Warehousing training teaches you how to interpret the concept of a hierarchical query, create a tree-structured report, format hierarchical data and exclude branches from the tree structure. You'll also learn to use regular expressions and sub-expressions to search for, match, and replace strings.
- Use SQL with aggregation operators, SQL for Analysis and Reporting functions.
- Group and aggregate data using the ROLLUP and CUBE operators, the GROUPING function, Composite Columns and the concatenated Groupings.
- Analyze and report data using Ranking functions, the LAG/LEAD Functions and the PIVOT and UNPIVOT clauses.
- Perform advanced pattern matching.
- Use regular expressions to search for, match and replace strings.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help data warehouse builders and implementers, database administrators, system administrators and database application developers to better design, maintain and use data warehouses. Through working with expert Oracle University instructors in a hands-on classroom environment, you'll deepen your knowledge so you can perform better on the job.
Before Attending this Course
Before attending this course, you should be familiar with the following: relational database concepts, data warehouse theory and implementation, Oracle server concepts )including application and server tuning) and the operating system environment on which the Oracle Database Server is running. You'll use Oracle SQL Developer to develop program units. SQL*Plus is introduced as an optional tool.
Who should attend
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Support Engineer
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Familiarity with SQL
- Data Warehouse design, implementation, and maintenance experience
- Good working knowledge of the SQL language
- Familiarity with Oracle SQL Developer and SQL*Plus
- Oracle Database 11g: Data Warehousing Fundamentals
- Oracle Database 12c: Introduction to SQL
- Conceptual experience designing data warehouses
- Practical experience implementing data warehouses
- Good understanding of relational technology
- Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
- Oracle Database 12c: Introduction for Experienced SQL Users (D81142)
- Use the MODEL clause to create a multidimensional array from query results
- Use Analytic SQL to aggregation, Analyze and Reporting, and Model Data
- Interpret the concept of a hierarchical query, create a tree-structured report, format hierarchical data, and exclude branches from the tree structure
- Use regular expressions to search for, match, and replace strings
- Perform pattern matching using the MATCH_RECOGNIZE clause
- Group and aggregate data using the ROLLUP and CUBE operators
- Analyze and report data using Ranking, LAG/LEAD, and FIRST/LAST functions
- Grouping and Aggregating Data Using SQL
- Hierarchical Retrieval
- Working with Regular Expressions
- Analyzing and Reporting Data Using SQL
- Performing Pivoting and Unpivoting Operations
- Pattern Matching using SQL
- Modeling Data Using SQL