This course provides foundational level knowledge on security, compliance, and identity concepts and related cloud-based Microsoft solutions.
Who should attend
The audience for this course is looking to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. The content for this course aligns to the SC-900 exam objective domain. Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General understanding of networking and cloud computing concepts.
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment.
- General understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365.
- Describe security and compliance concepts
- Describe identity concepts
- Describe the function and identity types of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe the authentication capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe access management capabilities of Microsoft Entra ID
- Describe the identity protection and governance capabilities of Microsoft Entra
- Describe core infrastructure security services in Azure
- Describe the security management capabilities in Azure
- Describe the capabilities in Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe Microsoft’s Service Trust portal and privacy capabilities
- Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the information protection and data lifecycle management in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the insider risk capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the eDiscovery and Audit capabilities in Microsoft Purview