This course provides an introduction to using Terraform for Google Cloud. It enables learners to describe how Terraform can be used to implement infrastructure as a code and to apply some of its key features and functionalities to create and manage Google Cloud infrastructure. Learners will get hands-on practice building Google Cloud resources using Terraform.
Who should attend
Cloud engineers, DevOps engineers, and individuals who want to start using Terraform to automate infrastructure provisioning with a focus on Google Cloud Platform.
To get the most out of this course, participants should:
- Complete Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
- Have basic programming skills and familiarity with using CLI
- Have general familiarity with Google Cloud
- Define the business need for infrastructure as code and the benefits of using it in your environment.
- Explain the features and functionalities of Terraform.
- Use Terraform resources, variables, and output values to create Google Cloud infrastructure resources.
- Use Terraform modules to build reusable configurations.
- Explain Terraform state and its importance.