- Guaranteed to Run Schedule
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane Academy»
- Hack Academy
- Fast Lane IT Workshops»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Center»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Desktop Application Security in Java (DASEC-J)
Your application written in Java works as intended, so you are done, right? But did you consider feeding in incorrect values? 16Gbs of data? A null? An apostrophe? Negative numbers, or specifically -1 or -231? Because that’s what the bad guys will do – and the list is far from complete.
Handling security needs a healthy level of paranoia, and this is what this course provides: a strong emotional engagement by lots of hands on labs and stories from real life, all to substantially improve code hygiene. Mistakes, consequences, and best practices are our blood, sweat and tears.
All this is put in the context of Java, and extended by core programming issues, discussing security pitfalls of the Java language and framework.
So that you are prepared for the forces of the dark side.
So that nothing unexpected happens.
Who should attend
Java developers working on desktop applications
General Java development
- Getting familiar with essential cyber security concepts
- Identify vulnerabilities and their consequences
- Learn the security best practices in Java
- Input validation approaches and principles
- Understanding how cryptography can support appplication security
- Learning how to use cryptographic APIs correctly in Java
- Managing vulnerabilities in third party components
- Cyber security basics
- Input validation
- Security features
- Time and state
- Cryptography for developers
- Common software security weaknesses
- Using vulnerable components
- Wrap up
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.