Advanced Developing on AWS (ADV-DEV)
Who should attend
Experienced software developers who are already familiar with AWS services
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Working knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation
- Completion of the Developing on AWS course, and then a minimum of 6 months of application of those concepts in a real world environment.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Analyze a monolithic application architecture to determine logical or programmatic break points where the application can be broken up across different AWS services.
- Apply Twelve-Factor Application manifesto concepts and steps while migrating from a monolithic architecture.
- Recommend the appropriate AWS services to develop a microservices based cloud native application.
- Use the AWS API, CLI, and SDKs to monitor and manage AWS services.
- Migrate a monolithic application to a microservices application using the 6 Rs of migration.
- Explain the SysOps and DevOps interdependencies necessary to deploy a microservices application in AWS.
The Advanced Developing on AWS course uses the real-world scenario of taking a legacy, on-premises monolithic application and refactoring it into a serverless microservices architecture. This three-day advanced course covers advanced development topics such as architecting for a cloud-native environment; deconstructing on-premises, legacy applications and repackaging them into cloud-based, cloud-native architectures; and applying the tenets of the Twelve-Factor Application methodology.
Time zone: Eastern European Time (EET)
1 hour difference
2 hours difference
Time zone: Gulf Standard Time (GST)
6 hours difference
7 hours difference
United Arab Emirates
Time zone: Gulf Standard Time (GST) Course language: English