The RHCSA Rapid Track course with exam (RH200) is designed for students who already have significant experience with Linux® administration. This offering combinesand and includes the , allowing you to review and validate the tasks at an accelerated pace.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9.0.
Note on the exam:
The subscription duration of 365 days starts upon order submission. Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
This offering is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
This course is part of the following Certifications:
You will be expected to already understand fundamental Linux computing concepts and be ready to practice the Red Hat Enterprise Linux methods for performing system administration tasks. Significant field experience working with Linux as a system administrator is recommended.
If you do not have experience with fundamental Linux computer concepts, we advise you to start with the Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) course instead.
This offering is intended to develop the skills needed for basic administration and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, introducing key command line concepts and enterprise-level tools and laying the foundation for the rapid deployment of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The curriculum also introduces the basic administration skills needed for resolving configuration issues and integrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with other existing environments.
This offering establishes secure user and group administration and allows administrators to use available storage solutions more efficiently and securely. The rapid pace can quickly turn a computer professional with basic knowledge of Linux into a fully capable Linux administrator.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of completing this offering, you should be able to perform essential Linux system administration tasks, including establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and executing basic security administration.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Access the command line locally and remotely
- Manage files from the command line
- Manage local users and groups
- Monitor and manage Linux processes
- Control services, daemons, and the boot process
- Manage tuning profiles for system performance
- Control access to files with file system permissions
- Analyze and store log files
- Configure and secure the OpenSSH service
- Install and update software packages and appstreams
- Manage Linux file systems and volumes
- Manage Linux networking and firewalls
Follow On Courses
- Package management with new repository structure and appstream modules
- Create storage devices, volumes, and file systems, including Stratis storage management
- Configure network services and security
- Manage processes, scheduling, and tuning
- Manage users, groups, and authentication
- Perform server management with the Cockpit web management utility
- Troubleshoot and obtain support
- Run containers