Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) is designed for system administrators who are intending to implement a cloud computing environment using OpenStack. You will learn how to configure, use, and maintain Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 and Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13.0.
Who should attend
This course is designed for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent experience
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to utilize and manage the daily operation of a private cloud. A private cloud can reduce costs through fine-grained resource control, simplifying regulatory compliance, and permitting easier integration with legacy systems. Using the skills taught by this course, users and operators will be able to create and use project resources built of networks and services running running templated applications, in customizable and adaptable configurations, virtually eliminating the need to build physical systems for any new projects. This release brings major enhancements and stabilization, including service containerization, new installation and management tools, a newly designed application load balancing component, and a significant expansion of features supported by the OpenStack CLI. Also, clients can use various installation tools, most noticeably PackStack, which is completely deprecated.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the architecture of a private or hybrid OpenStack cloud infrastructure and will be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot software-defined network services, resources, servers, and applications for dynamically scalable business environments.
You should also be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design and implement on-demand projects, software-defined networks, and virtual machine instances.
- Deploy a proof-of-concept OpenStack installation for practice, development, demonstration, and testing, back in your own home or business computing environment.
- Manage software-defined networks such as subnets, routers, floating IP addresses, images, flavors, security groups/rules, and block and object storage.
- Create and customize advanced VM instances as applications, customize on deploy, and create scalable stacks of multiple VM applications.
Follow On Courses
The focus of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110) will be managing OpenStack using both the web-based dashboard and the command-line interface, in addition to managing instances and installing a proof-of-concept environment using Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP) director. Essential skills covered in the course include configuring Red Hat OpenStack Platform (using the director UI); managing users, projects, flavors, roles, images, networking, and block storage; setting quotas; and configuring images at instantiation.
Course content summary
- Launch an instance.
- Manage projects, quotas, and users.
- Manage networks, subnets, routers, and floating IP addresses.
- Create and manage block and object storage in the OpenStack framework.
- Customize instances with cloud-init.
- Deploy scalable stacks.
- Deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform using RHOSP director.