Develop, scale, and troubleshoot event-driven microservice applications.
Learn to use Kafka and AMQ Streams to design, develop, and test event-driven applications. Event-driven microservices scale globally, store and stream process data, and provide low-latency feedback to customers. This course is for application developers and is based on Red Hat AMQ Streams 1.8 and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.6. The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Event-Driven Development with Kafka exam (EX482) is included in this offering.
- Describe the basics of Kafka and its architecture.
- Develop applications with the Kafka Streams API.
- Integrate applications with Kafka Connect.
- Capture data change with Debezium.
- Troubleshoot common application streaming issues.
Note on the exam:
The subscription duration of 365 days starts upon order submission. Cancelation of individual exam sessions is not allowed Exam session fees are nonrefundable. Non-Cancelable components: No part of any Bundles that includes both non-cancelable and cancelable components may be canceled.
Who should attend
Application developers with microservice development experience.
- Experience with microservice application development and design, such as Red Hat Cloud-native Microservices Development with Quarkus (DO378) or equivalent experience.
- OpenShift experience is recommended, but not required.
- BYOD classroom environment with access to the shared cluster.
- A cloud-based classroom environment will also be made available.
Designing Event-Driven Applications
- Describe the principles of event-driven applications.
Introducing Kafka and AMQ Streams Concepts
- Build applications with basic read-and-write messaging capabilities.
Building Applications with the Streams API
- Leverage the Streams API to create data streaming applications.
Creating Asynchronous Services with Event Collaboration
- Create and migrate to asynchronous services using the event collaboration pattern.
Integrating Data Systems with Kafka Connect
- Connect data systems and react to data changes using Kafka Connect and Debezium.
Troubleshooting AMQ Streams Applications
- Handle common problems in Kafka and AMQ Streams applications.