This Oracle Cloud Applications: Security Overview training introduces you to security features of the Oracle Cloud Applications. Explore these components and how they fit into the security implementation; see how individual Fusion offerings implemented the RBAC security standard and identify common and unique elements to Human Capital Management, Financials, and Sales Cloud.
- Identify the Oracle security components required and their functions.
- Grasp high level details of each of the security components.
- Perform functions using Oracle’s Identity and Access Management.
- Become familiar with the process flows used for user access to the integrated applications.
- Understand how the Fusion Applications are implemented.
- See how the Functional Set Up Manager is used.
- Understand enterprise setup.
- Become familiar with the role type Fusion Applications uses to implement RBAC.
- Understand common security elements used by the integrated offerings.
- Explore security elements unique to Human Capital Management, Financials, and Sales Cloud.
- Use the Security Dashboard as a tool for research and customization.
Benefits to You
You'll walk away from this course with a high level understanding of the Oracle Cloud Applications security implementation. You'll get introduced to the Oracle components used to provide security for the Fusion Applications, while gaining an understanding of how Oracle Access and Identity Management is used to develop and maintain the Oracle Cloud applications security. You'll become familiar with the elements and construction of the roles needed for security in the Fusion Applications as well.
Explore Fusion Applications Security
This course will help you differentiate between the common and offering unique elements that make up Fusion Applications security. You'll see how the Security Console allows for research and customization of the Fusion Applications security environment. Furthermore, you'll develop a high level understanding of Oracle Cloud Applications provides security.
Topics include these required Oracle components:
- Oracle Identify Manager
- Functional Set Up Manager
- Human Capital Management Core
- Authorization Policy Manager
- Applications Access Controls Governor
- Security Console
Overview of Implementation vs. Daily Use Tasks
you will see how the installation of Oracle Cloud Applications is performed and how the Functional Set Up Manager is used to manage both the enterprise definition phase of implementation and the manager’s use in a day to day system administration and security administration capacity. This discussion will include description of an enterprise set up scenario to acquaint you with what enterprise set up entails.
Roles Description and Provisioning
You will also gain an understanding of how roles provide access to the functional components of the Fusion Applications and the construction techniques use to create roles leading to the creation of custom roles. Expert instructors will identify and describe common components used across all offerings. Explore and identify differences in the security implementation between Human Capital Management, Financials, and Sales Cloud.
Who should attend
- Configuration Implementer
- Business Analysts
- Security Administrators
- Security Compliance Professionals
- Security Compliance Auditors
- Configuration Consultant
- Process Developer
- Describe how roles are implemented and used in Human Capital Management
- Describe how roles are implemented and used in Financials
- Describe how roles are implemented and used in Oracle Sales Cloud
- Identify how security is implemented in the Oracle Cloud Applications
- Name the required Oracle components used in the Fusion Applications Security Model
- Understand what identify and access management means
- Understand how identity and access management is implemented
- Identify how the Functional Set Up Manager is used in the security model
- List the differences between implementation and functional users
- Locate the steps necessary to configure offerings and prepare for Enterprise Set Up
- Identify what Enterprise Set Up is and how to prepare for the set up
- List the different types of roles used in the security implementation for Fusion Applications
- Describe the role hierarchy and describe the components used to create one
- Name the common security elements used by all offerings in the Fusion Applications
- Identifying Required Installation Security Components
- Understanding the Functions Done by each Component
Understanding Identity and Access Management
- Describing the Identity and Access Management Infrastructure
- Describing Role Based Access Control
- Learning How Oracle Identity Management is Used
- Understanding Oracle Access Manager
- Learning How Oracle Access Manager Processes Requests
Functional Set Up Manager
- Learning What Functional Set Up Manager Is
- Understanding the User Types in Fusion Applications
- Learning How to Create Users
- Understanding Configuration Projects
- Describing Set Up Data Export and Import
Demonstrating Enterprise Set Up
- Learning to Specify Enterprise Set Up Requirements
- Seeing the Oracle Learning Environment Enterprise
Functional User Role Types and Provisioning
- Defining the Five Role Types
- Defining Role Inheritance Hierarch
- Understanding What Role Mapping Is
Role Provisioning to User
- Creating and Maintaining User Accounts
- Understanding the New Hire Process
- Understanding the HCM Role Provisioning Steps
- Understanding the FSCM Role Provisioning Steps
- Understanding the Sales Cloud Role Provisioning Steps
Understanding the Security Console
- Learning What the Security Console Is
- Demonstrating Security Console Capabilities