This Siebel Installation and System Administration courses teaches you how to install, configure, and deploy a Siebel CRM installation. Topics include adding servers and languages and unattended installations. You will also dive into administration topics such as the mechanisms for logging, performance monitoring, and migration. It is appropriate for Siebel 15.x and 8.x customers. Practices are performed using Open UI.
- Install and configure a Siebel Enterprise, Siebel Gateway Name Server, Siebel Server, Siebel Web Server Extension, Siebel Clients, and Siebel Tools.
- Monitor and manage components and parameters.
- Use the command-line Server Manager interface.
Who should attend
- Configuration Implementer
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- Implementation Consultant
Installing a Siebel Enterprise and Clients
- Installation prerequisites, planning, and considerations
- Installing the Siebel Gateway Name Server
- Installing the Siebel Database
- Installing a Siebel Server
- Installing the Siebel Web Server Extension
- Installing the Siebel Developer or Mobile Web Client
- Installing Siebel Tools
Additional Installation Topics
- Configuring other Authentication Mechanisms
- Silent or Unattended Install
- Adding a Language to an Enterprise
Architecture and Configuration
- Components, parameters (hidden and advanced), startup, and shutdown
- Server management and monitoring, tasks, jobs, and templates
- Server Manager command-line interface (srvrmgr)
- Configuration files (.cfgs)
- Server events, alerts, notifications, logs, and the Log File Analyzer (LFA)
- Gathering diagnostic information and Siebel Application Response Measurement (SARM)
- Parameter migration and cfgmerge
- Application Deployment Manager (ADM)