This Oracle Private Cloud Appliance: Administration training helps you develop the skills to provide and support Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) with the Private Cloud Appliance. Learn from expert Oracle University instructors.
- Review the hardware and software as installed and configured in the Private Cloud Appliance.
- Monitor the health of hardware.
- Allocate memory, CPU, network, and storage resources for effective virtualization support.
- Create, deploy, manage, and delete virtual machines.
- Configure the allocation of IaaS resources.
- Configure the Private Cloud Appliance Oracle VM environment in which virtualized servers run.
- Provide IaaS with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
- Design an effective disaster recovery solution for the Private Cloud Appliance.
- Perform a selection of activities on a simulated lab environment.
Benefits to You
This course will empower you with skills to administer the Private Cloud Appliance. This results in cost reduction by eliminating multi-vendor integration. You'll also be able to eliminate the risk of cabling, hardware or software configuration errors. By taking this training, you will learn to reduce the time to deploy new applications. You will see how to license only the software that is used, and not the capacity while hearing how you can ensure business continuity for IaaS consumers.
Simplify Cloud Management
The Oracle Private Cloud Appliance delivers on the promise of simplified cloud management. The converged infrastructure solution consists of pre-configured Oracle servers, network, and storage hardware and software. With this engineered system, you'll create and maintain a highly configurable pool of memory, CPU, and storage resources for running applications in a virtualization environment.
Who should attend
- Data Center Manager
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- Support Engineer
- Cloud Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Configure networks and storage in the data center and in a virtualized environment
- Create, deploy and manage virtual machines
- Administration of Oracle VM Server for x86
- Suggested Descriptive Prerequisites None
- Oracle VM Server for x86: Administration (D85765)
- Start, pause, resume, stop a virtual machine
- Create a VLAN segment in a supported Private Cloud Appliance network
- Create a network from a VLAN segment
- Assign repository storage to a virtual machine
- Create VNICs for use by virtual machines
- Launch and complete an Oracle VM repository export
- Assign the VNIC to a virtual machine network
- Clone a virtual disk
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
- Create a virtual machine from an ISO
- Clone virtual machine to template, clone template to virtual machine
- Configure a virtual machine to use the first-boot dialog
- Connect to the Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Examine virtual machine configuration with the Oracle VM CLI
- Create a server processor compatibility group
- Introduction and Installation
- Enterprise Deployment and Management of the Private Cloud Appliance
- Oracle VM for the Private Cloud Appliance
- Deploying and Examining a Virtual Machine
- Managing Oracle VM Networks and Storage
- Creating and Packaging Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Use Cases
- Appliance Rack Management
- Appliance Server Management
- Appliance Network Management
- Appliance Storage Management
- Appliance Password Management
- Appliance and Oracle VM System Backup
- Appliance Disaster Recovery