Enrolling in this Oracle GoldenGate 12c training will help you develop your installation and configuration skills. By interacting with top Oracle instructors, you'll be able to ask questions as you learn to solidify your understanding.
- Explain Oracle GoldenGate advanced configuration options.
- Describe and take advantage of the Integrated Capture feature and the recently introduced Integrated Replicat feature to replicate complex data types and compressed data.
- Integrate the Database File System (DBFS) with Oracle GoldenGate to achieve Maximum Availability.
- Configure and implement the Oracle GoldenGate Event Marker system.
- Enable data transformation based on event records in the transaction logs or in the trail files.
- Perform zero-downtime database migration.
- Set up and manage advanced deployment models, like 3-node multi master replication configuration.
- Master Oracle GoldenGate facilities to detect and resolve data conflicts in active-to-active replication implementations.
- Use a simulated Oracle RAC configuration to experiment with the Oracle GoldenGate Clusterware-aware facilities, which ensure seamless data replication in case of node failure.
Benefits to You
Integrate your organization's disparate data across heterogeneous databases for improved decision-making. Become more efficient at configuring and implementing the more advanced features of Oracle GoldenGate used together with the Oracle RDBMS 12c.
Enable Zero-Downtime Migration
Enable Zero-Downtime Migration: this course also allows you to simulate a system upgrade. You'll develop the skills needed to survive an aborted migration, incurring zero data loss. Hone these skills by engaging in hands-on demonstrations and exercises.
Active-Active Replication and CDR
You'll also build two-way and three-way active-active replication configurations. Explore both basic and advanced conflict detection and resolution (CDR). Review basic product-provided CDR, with more advanced custom CDR techniques implemented using SQLEXEC and stored procedures.
Configure Integrated Extract Groups
Configure Integrated Extract Groups and Integrated Replicat groups: the Integrated Extract feature and the recently introduced Integrated Replicat feature are also covered in depth. You'll learn to configure integrated extract groups operating in both local and downstream deployment modes and to configure Integrated Replicat groups, which enable automatic, dependency-aware parallel apply streams for dramatically improved data delivery performance.
Learn to Utilize Advanced Features
upon completing this course, you'll be able to utilize the more advanced features of Oracle GoldenGate 12c, including: integrated capture, integrated delivery, active-active replication, conflict detection and resolution, DDL/DML replication, Oracle GoldenGate event marker subsystem, advanced data manipulation and transformation techniques and advanced data mapping. In addition, you will use a simulated Oracle RAC configuration to experiment with the Oracle GoldenGate Clusterware-aware facilities, which ensure seamless data replication in case of node failure.
Who should attend
- Data Scientist
- Process Developer
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- System Integrator
- Explain Oracle GoldenGate Advanced Configuration options
- Describe and take advantage of the Integrated Capture feature to extract complex data types and compressed data
- Introduce the new Integrate Replicat feature for improved data delivery
- Configure and implement the Oracle GoldenGate Event Marker system, to enable data transformation based on event records in the transaction logs or in the trail files
- Master Oracle GoldenGate facilities to detect and resolve data conflicts in active-to-active replication implementations
- Perform zero-downtime database migration
- Familiarize the student with Data Conflict Avoidance Techniques
- Set up and manage advanced deployment models, such as 3-node multi master replication configurations
- Integrate Oracle GoldenGate with Oracle cluster configurations
- Oracle GoldenGate Integrated Capture/integrated Delivery
- Oracle Goldengate With Oracle Real Application Clusters Configuration
- Oracle GoldenGate Event Marker System
- Data Mapping, Data Selection/Filtering and Data Transformation
- Custom Behavior Through User Exits
- Configuring Zero-Downtime Migration Replication
- Bidirectional Replication: Two-Node Configuration
- Conflict Detection and Resolution – Custom Techniques
- Multi-Master Replication Topology – Three-Node Configuration
- Active Data Guard and Oracle GoldenGate. How to achieve Maximum Availability