This class provides training applicable to Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.2. It does not provide training applicable to Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.0 and 12.1 (the architecture of Release 12.2 is different compared to Releases 12.0 and 12.1). To learn how to install, patch, and maintain an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 or 12.1 system, you may consider taking the R12.x Install/Patch/Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite class.
This R12.2 Install/Patch/Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite training teaches you how to install and maintain an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 system. You'll participate in extensive hands-on activities and interact with expert Oracle University instructors to build relevant knowledge and skills.
- Install Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Describe the architecture.
- Identify key files and their purposes.
- Navigate the file system and database.
- Explain online patching, its implementation, and the patching cycle.
- Use adop (the new patching utility) to apply patches and update to the latest codelevel.
- Work with WebLogic Server Administration Console and Fusion Middleware Control to configure web applications and manage Oracle HTTP server configurations.
- Run maintenance tools and utilities.
- Clone Oracle E-Business Suite.
Benefits to You
After this course, you'll be able to make informed decisions about how to install an Oracle E-Business Suite system that meets specific requirements. You'll also know how to perform online patching and maintain the system afterwards.
Both Standard and Express installation types are covered in detail. Maintenance topics include a detailed examination of the newly introduced tools and utilities, in addition to the existing standard utilities. Take an in-depth look at performing online patching of an Oracle E-Business Suite system.
Participate in Hands-On Activities
These hands-on activities include: performing an installation on a Linux system, navigating the file system to locate key files, running the maintenance tools and utilities, using adop to perform online patching and updating to the latest code level, configuring web applications and managing Oracle HTTP server configurations, and carrying out cloning operations.
Who should attend
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Project Manager
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Functional Implementer
- Gain an overview of Oracle E-Business Suite
- Install Oracle E-Business Suite
- Describe Oracle E-Business Suite architecture
- Identify key files and their purposes
- Navigate the Oracle E-Business Suite file system
- Identify key features of the Oracle E-Business Suite database
- Perform online patching using the adop utility
- Run Oracle E-Business Suite maintenance utilities
- Use WebLogic Server Administration Console to configure web applications
- Use Fusion Middleware Control to manage configuration of Oracle HTTP Server
- Clone Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle E-Business Suite Architecture
- Before You Install
- Performing an Installation
- After you Install
- Environment Files, Control Scripts, and Languages
- Oracle E-Business Suite File System
- Oracle E-Business Suite Database
- Patching Concepts
- Using the adop Utility
- Patching to the Latest Code Level
- Using Oracle Applications Manager Patching Features
- Technical Configuration - AutoConfig
- Configuring Web Application Services and Managing OHS
- Introduction to AD Utilities
- AD Administration: Generate Applications Files
- AD Administration: Maintain Applications Files
- AD Administration: Maintain Database Entities
- AD Administration: Compile/Reload Database Entities
- AD Administration: Non-Interactive Operation
- AD Configuration and Management Utilities
- Reporting Utilities
- Cloning Oracle E-Business Suite