This Oracle Commerce: Implementing Guided Search Rel 11.1 training teaches you how to configure Guided Search applications and understand the technical architecture, while using the Content Acquisition System (CAS)to load record stores into the MDEX engine. Expert Oracle University instructors will also teach you how to configure properties, dimensions and taxonomies.
This course is appropriate for on-premises deployments only.
- Understand the components of an Oracle Commerce Guided Search solution.
- Deploy an Oracle Commerce Guided Search application.
- Define guided search configuration using properties and dimensions.
- Configure guided navigation with the various dimension types.
- Configure and enhance search through features such as search interfaces and relevancy ranking.
- Load data from text extracts, XML, databases (via JDBC) using CAS.
- Manipulate and enhance input data.
- Discuss the integration with Oracle Commerce Platform and other systems.
- Execute the basics of project development, data design, properties and dimensions.
Benefits to You
When you walk away from this course, you will have developed knowledge about the robust features of Guided Search. These features will allow your customers to find relevant and desired items on your web site. Additionally, you will develop a deeper understanding of search interfaces, multi-select, ranges, relevance ranking and precedence rules.
Understand Guided Search
Beginning with an overview of Oracle Commerce Guided Search features and functionality, this course addresses the basics of project development, data design, properties and dimensions. In addition to exploring the technical architecture and loading data into the MDEX engine, you will develop an understanding of the various related configurations, including sort, search and multi-select.
Configure Search and Navigation
Taking this course will also help you learn the concepts of managed taxonomies, along with configuring Guided Navigation features. Topics discussed include configuring range dimensions and precedence rules. Explore various search configurations available with Endeca, including search interfaces, match modes, stemming and relevance ranking.
Load and Manipulate Data
Finally, you'll use the Content Acquisition System (CAS) to crawl different types of data and load the resulting record stores into the MDEX Engine. This also includes learning the concepts of integrating data from product catalog systems into an Oracle Commerce Guided Search application. The Oracle Commerce Platform and Guided Search integration will be introduced using this approach.
Who should attend
- Technical Consultant
- Application Developers
- Familiarity with search and navigation concepts; Windows OS
- Construct Guided Navigation with the various dimension types
- Configure and enhance search through features such as search interfaces and relevancy ranking
- Manipulate and enhance input data using CAS
- Discuss the integration of Oracle Commerce Platform and Guided Search and other systems
- Deploy an Oracle Commerce Guided Search application
- Define properties and dimensions
- Load data and Guided Search configuration
- Configure managed taxonomies
Guided Search Technical Basics
- Introduction to Guided Search
- Guided Search Components and Architecture
- Application Basics
Basic Data Design
- Introduction to Data Design
- Content Acquisition System (CAS)
- Properties and Dimensions
- Managed Taxonomies
- Precedence Rules
- Enhanced Search
- Relevance Ranking
Loading and Manipulating Data
- Data Sources
- CAS Manipulators
- Partial Updates
- Guided Search Integration Process
- Oracle Commerce Platform and Guided Search Integration Overview