This PeopleSoft Application Engine/PeopleCode - Accel. Rel 8.53 training helps you develop the skills use Application Engine to execute existing programs, modify existing programs and create new programs. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you explore PeopleSoft Application Engine; you'll develop the skills to program batch solutions to manage the data in a PeopleSoft database.
- Create batch solutions to manage data.
- Use Application Engine as a tool for integration.
- Use Application Engine to execute and modify existing programs.
- Use SQL, PeopleCode and flow controls to solve business-based batch processing requirements.
- Use Application Engine to create new programs.
- Use File Layouts.
- Use essential tools to work with Object-Oriented PeopleCode.
- Write, edit and debug PeopleCode programs.
- Manipulate data in the component buffer.
- Create, use and extend application classes.
- Write a program that incorporates the principles you learned in the course and charting.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll also learn how to effectively manage and develop PeopleSoft applications to respond faster to organization's business requirements. You'll develop the troubleshooting knowledge of peoplecode. This knowledge will help you further enhance the functionality of your PeopleSoft applications.
Work with Object-Oriented PeopleCode
The PeopleCode portion of the course teaches you the essential tools to work with object-oriented PeopleCode. You'll actively build programming skills in a PeopleSoft environment. The tools and skills learned in this course help you understand the structure of PeopleCode, while preparing you to move on to more advanced applications.
Build in a PeopleSoft Environment
Throughout this course, you'll actively build programming skills in a PeopleSoft environment.
This course covers the content of the Application Engine and Peoplecode Rel 8.53 courses. Please see the individual course descriptions for a comprehensive list of the topics covered.
Who should attend
- Application Developers
- Database Designers
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Reports Developer
- Programming experience, preferably in an object-oriented language.
- Working knowledge of the PeopleTools development environment.
- Experience developing PeopleSoft applications.
- Basic understanding of PeopleCode
- Experience with general batch processing tools
- Comfortable with PeopleSoft parent/child relationships.
- Monitor and tune Application Engine performance
- Develop robust Application Engine programs
- Schedule the automatic execution of Application Engine programs
- Use File Layouts
- Reference data in the component buffer
- Create custom objects with application classes
- Use data buffer methods
- Use the Application Engine Designer to write, test, and debug Application Engine programs
- Execute SQL in PeopleCode
- Use PeopleCode development tools
- Describe the Component Processor
- Write PeopleCode programs
- Explain the component buffer
- Access data in the component buffer
- Application class
- Introducing Application Engine Designer
- Using State Records
- Incorporating Conditional Processing
- Testing and Debugging
- Using the Do Select Action
- Using PeopleCode with Application Engine
- Using Set Processing
- Using Temporary Tables
- Executing Application Engine Programs
- Creating Process Definitions for Application Engine
- Importing Data into the PeopleSoft System Using Flat Files
- Using PeopleCode Development Tools
- Understanding the Component Processor and PeopleCode Events
- Writing PeopleCode Programs
- Using PeopleCode Variables
- Using PeopleCode Built-In Functions
- Writing User-Defined Functions
- Explaining the Component Buffer
- Programming With Object-Oriented PeopleCode
- Creating and Using Application Classes
- Executing SQL in PeopleCode
- Using PeopleCode to Create Charts