This course describes the deployment of the SnapCenter Plug-in for VMware vSphere. In this course, you learn about the features of the plug-in and learn how to install and perform initial configuration of the plug-in. You also use NetApp SnapCenter software to learn how to protect and restore VMware virtual machines (VMs) and datastores. Through instructor-led presentations and web-based courseware, you gain knowledge about these topics. Hands-on exercises provide you with experience in performing these tasks.
Who should attend
NetApp and NetApp partner professional services, system engineers, and customers.
This course focuses on enabling you to do the following:
- Describe the features of the Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- List supported deployment scenarios
- Explain how to use role-based access control (RBAC) features, when given specific scenarios
- Outline details for installing the Plug-in for VMware vSphere
- List prerequisite tasks before installation
- Illustrate NetApp Virtual Storage Console software client plug-in (VSC) host migration to SnapCenter software
- Describe data protection strategies for VMware vSphere
- Use the Plug-in for VMware vSphere to demonstrate how to back up and restore VMware VMs, Virtual Machine Disks (VMDKs), and datastores
- Use the Plug-in for VMware vSphere to identify the steps to mount and unmount a datastore backup