Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Configuration (GVFOC)
This 2-day overview course walks you through the high level aspects of the features and functions of the Gigamon hardware and software solutions. It contains several labs and is ideal for people who are just getting introduced to Gigamon, or already have Gigamon deployed but have received no formal training.
Thinking about getting fully trained up on Gigamon administration, and potentially taking Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Advanced Implementation (GVFAI)? Consider taking both at the same time via our Gigamon® Visibility Fabric™ Overview and Advanced Implementation Bundle (GVFAIBDL)!
Who should attend
- System Administrators
- Systems Engineers
- Sales Engineers
- Professional Services Engineers
- Basic understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Describe the Visibility Platform™ architecture
- Describe the Gigamon products used to create a Visibility Platform™
- Define Visibility Platform features and applicable usage
- Deploy a GigaVUE® H Series appliance
- Deploy Gigamon Fabric Manager, GigaVUE-FM
- Perform initial setup configuration of GigaVUE H Series appliance
- Configure Gigamon Fabric Manager to manage H-Series Nodes
- Describe clustering of Gigamon Nodes
- Describe packet distribution in the Visibility Platform™
- Configure Flow Mapping® using GigaVUE-FM Fabric Manager™
- Describe the scope of GigaSMART® features
- Perform configuration of select GigaSMART features
- Implement Gigamon solutions in cloud environments
Follow On Courses
This two-day, instructor-led course will teach you how to implement and configure Gigamon® devices and services. Through this course you will learn the key features of Gigamon devices and the value of properly incorporating a Visibility Platform™ into your network monitoring system. The material covered has been recently updated to include the latest capabilities and features released from Gigamon.
With increasing demands for agility and automation in the IT infrastructure and with ever-changing threat patterns in the network traffic, there is a critical need to automatically detect, react, and respond to these threats while also integrating visibility into IT operations management. This course will teach you how to use Gigamon's technology to gain visibility into your network traffic to prevent these threats.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date