In this course you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources. The course covers user password protection, multi-factor authentication, how to enable Azure Identity Protection, how to setup and use Azure AD Connect, and introduces you to conditional access in Microsoft 365. You will learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment. Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions to mitigate threats.
You will learn about Secure Score, Exchange Online protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and threat management. In the course you will learn about information protection technologies that help secure your Microsoft 365 environment. The course discusses information rights managed content, message encryption, as well as labels, policies and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection.
Lastly, you will learn about archiving and retention in Microsoft 365 as well as data governance and how to conduct content searches and investigations. This course covers data retention policies and tags, in-place records management for SharePoint, email retention, and how to conduct content searches that support eDiscovery investigations.
Who should attend
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and to ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations and enforcement of data governance.
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and hybrid environments. This role has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows 10 devices.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Administer user and group access in Microsoft 365.
- Explain and manage Azure Identity Protection.
- Plan and implement Azure AD Connect.
- Manage synchronized user identities.
- Explain and use conditional access.
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors.
- Explain security solutions for Microsoft 365.
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate and improve your security posture.
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365.
- Plan for and deploy secure mobile devices.
- Implement information rights management.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Deploy and manage Cloud App Security.
- Implement Windows information protection for devices.
- Plan and deploy a data archiving and retention system.
- Create and manage an eDiscovery investigation.
- Manage GDPR data subject requests.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
- User and Group Management
- Identity Synchronization and Protection
- Access Management
- Security in Microsoft 365
- Threat Protection
- Threat Management
- Cloud Application Security
- Information Protection
- Rights Management and Encryption
- Data Loss Prevention
- Archiving and Retention
- Content Search and Investigation
- Compliance in Microsoft 365