Analyzing Data with Power BI (20778)
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to analyze data with Power BI.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is BI professionals who need to analyze data utilizing Power BI. The secondary audiences for this course are technically proficient business users.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming concepts (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe self-service BI.
- Describe the Power BI suite of products.
- Connect to data sources and optimize data models.
- Shape and combine data from different sources.
- Model data.
- Create reports and manage solutions.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
- Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Introducing Power BI
- Power BI Data
- Shaping and Combining Data
- Modeling Data
- Interactive Data Visualizations
- Direct Connectivity
- Development with Power BI
- Power BI Mobile