Cisco IOS XR Multicast Routing Implementation and Verification (IOSXR302)
The Cisco IOS XR Multicast Routing Implementation and Verification (IOSXR302) v1.1 course shows you how to implement multicast routing and multicast VPNs on Cisco® Internetwork Operating System (IOS) XR platforms. You learn how to implement and verify multicast routing in the core of a Cisco IOS® XR service provider network. You also learn how to implement and verify multicast-enabled services, including multicast VPNs.
This course is part of a portfolio of courses designed to help you support and maintain Cisco IOS XR platforms, including Cisco ASR 9000 Series Aggregation Services Routers and Carrier Routing System CRS-1, CRS-3, and CRS-X; and Cisco Network Convergence System (NCS) Series 1000, 4000, 5000, 5500, and 6000.
Who should attend
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to implement multicast routing on Cisco IOS XR platforms for a service provider or large enterprise network.
- Implementation and design engineers
- Network planning engineers
Before attending this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Completion of the Introduction to Cisco IOS XR (IOSXR100) course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Completion of the Cisco IOS XR System Administration (IOSXR200) course, or equivalent hands-on experience configuring and supporting Cisco IOS XR–based routers
- Ability to configure Cisco IOS XR software-based platforms
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Interior Gateway Protocol (Intermediate System to Intermediate System [IS-IS] Protocol and Open Shortest Path First [OSPF] Protocol) routing
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) routing
- Ability to configure and verify basic Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) functionality
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IPv4 Multicast concepts
This course will help you:
- Prepare to implement multicast routing on Cisco IOS XR platforms
- Practice what you learn through hands-on labs
After taking this course, you should be able to implement and verify:
- IPv4 multicast routing
- IPv6 multicast routing
- Label Switched Multicast (LSM)
- Multicast VPNs
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date